Reports Directly to: Senior Pastor
The Mission of First United Methodist Church is to make disciples who Love God, Grow Together, and Share Christ. The Director of Family Ministries is responsible for implementing this vision for our children, youth, and families.
- Oversee all ministries that disciple children, youth, and families and ensure that they are contributing to our vision of making disciples
- Evaluate current ministries to ensure they are connected to our Vision and accomplishing their intended purposes
- Explore new opportunities for ministry that can expand our effectiveness
- Equip parents to understand and embrace their role as primary spiritual influence for their children.
- Ensure that our policies and practices provide a safe environment, and are in line with our current Child Protection Policy.
- A substantive, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion and calling for ministry with children, youth, and families
- Computer Skills preferred
- Education, training, and experience will all be considered.
- Must pass a background check
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission and vision of Marshalltown First UMC; understands how individual ministries can support and promote the shared Vision.
- Recruiting: Initiates relationships with new people with an interest in how their gifts can be used to build up the program; invites others to participate in whatever way they are gifted.
- Organizing: Gathers people and resources together to accomplish goals; works with a diversity of people and gifts to produce desired outcome; works closely with leaders to ensure that individual ministries align with the vision of the church.
- Equipping: provides training and encouragement to help individuals grow in the use of their gifts; delegates tasks and responsibilities to others who are capable; provides direction, encouragement, and oversight to those using their gifts in ministry
- Oversight: Constantly checking in with the ministry and leaders both “on site” and between meeting times in order to evaluate the ministry for opportunities to grow leaders and improve programs.
- Collaboration: Making opportunities for dialog between family ministries and acting as a bridge between ministries and other staff/church resources.
To apply, please use the form on the right side of the page to submit completed application or send application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title you are applying for in the Subject Line. All information is confidential.